FRAMEWORK OF LANGUAGE SUGGESTIONS
3 STEPS TO CREATING DIRECTED UNCONSCIOUS RESPONSES:
- Identify what aspect of the person(s) experience your suggestion is aimed at changing.
- Choosewhat mental processes (unconscious communication phenomenon) should be used to achieve that shift in perception in your audience.
- Linguistically frame the suggestion to achieve that aim.
THE KEY PURPOSE OF SUGGESTION
- To have the unconscious not select or respond to the information from the background that equals ‘the problem’.
- To have the unconscious give the information a different meaning so that it equals ‘not the problem’.
UNIVERSAL PROCESSING METHODS
- Deletion – deleting something that is there that you’re not foused on
- Distortion – changing something that is there into something else
- Difference – Threshold, Recurrent Inhibition
- Generalization – Mental algorithms: Cause and Effect [C>E], Complex Equivalence [A=B], Difference [A=not B]
- Identify-who you are. “I am” statements.
- Beliefs/Values – Decisions you’ve made about how the world is, and how you’re going to interact with it. Beliefs and values create behavioral inevitabilities.
- Capabilities –what you’re capable of doing with current resources, beliefs, and values.
- Behavior – what your’re actually doing
- Environment – external to the person, that is impacting them
WHERE DO YOU AIM IT?
Through the different things you do in the sales process.
- Capture attention
- Get credibility
- Target a problema
- Give a solution
- Set expectations
- Social proof
- Irresistible offers
- Risk reversal
- Call to action – be very clear on what people are supposed to do
MODELS FOR SHIFTING PEOPLE’S BELIEFS
- A positive intention
- Redefine the meaning to mean something else
- Consequence – not doing what you’re telling people to do.
- Chunking down – taking something ambiguous and giving it meaning.
- Chunking up
- Metaphors – a story that means something
- Change frame size
- Change outcome-help someone to set a goal that’s in poposition or different form what is that is creating their problema
- Model of the world shift – shift the way they see the world.
- Reality strategy – when you challenge the reasons why people believe that something is actually true, real or valid, most of the time, it just, crumbles and falls apart. People don’t have real reasons for believing the things they believe, most of the time. They just formed a belief from their experiences.
- Counter example – social proof of something different than what they believe
- Hierarchy of ideas
- Apply to self