The key to successful leadership today is influence not authority
- All, Personal Development
- By: Herschel E. Chalk III
- February 15, 2020
Mass Influence is that “je ne sais quois” that moves the masses to buy products because they were endorsed by a celebrity, or to pick a stock because Warren Buffet discussed it. Businesses seek this kind of power, because of the profits that are able to be generated. They want to reach the point where their voice makes a difference and for that reason they Blog, Email, Tweet, Pin, and leverage photo and video platforms like Youtube and Instagram.
“Mass Influence” traditionally refers to a different kind of influence although the principles remain the same. It doesn’t matter if you are seeking to make an invention that will change the world or sell gadgets and widgets. When people know, like, and trust you, you have garnered influence. Businesses that are able to maintain and grow this know, like and trust factor of influence develop the seeds for their long term existence.
FOCUS OF THIS BLOG POST
- To teach you the principles of creating influence in a way that will allow you to build large teams and organizations.
- To teach you how to construct your own culture, create your own following, and take your business to a level you can’t imagine.
IN THIS BLOG YOU’LL LEARN…
- How to identify and utilize unconscious responses to create the communication results that you want.
- How to identify and utilize unconscious phenomenon.
- Formulas for utilizing language to solve a problem in a way that creates the unconscious response that you want.
- How to systematize your communication to influence mass numbers of people.
- Formulas for building culture (social systems) that hold organizations together, and how to use these principles in your business to construct team of hundreds of thousands of people.
WHAT IS INFLUENCE?
- Influence is the ability to get someone to do something that they wouldn’t have done if you hadn’t been there. Specifically, influence is the ability to create unconscious responsiveness with a particular person or audience.
- “Responsiveness” is not a relationship. Responsiveness is communicating to people in a way that they respond.
- The meaning of your communication is not what you say, the meaning of your communication is the unconscious response that you get.
WHAT IS MASS INFLUENCE?
- Mass influence is the ability to get a large, or massive group of people to do things that they would not have done, if you hadn’t been there.
- Specifically, the ability to create unconscious responsiveness in large groups within the realm that you’re influencing them.
- When you understand that people do things for certain reasons, you can create different kinds of results and get people to make decisions.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO UNDERSTAND
- You can’t get someone to do something against their values or will – ever. There is no mysterious communication formula that somehow forces people to do things that they don’t want to do. All you can do is help people make a decision that they want to make, and take action that they want to take. If you try and use this information in any other way, you’ll appear manipulative and conniving. And, it won’t work.
- Your values and the reasons you’re doing things are important. Part of understanding unconscious communication is realizing that you will unconsciously communicate your intentions to your audience. If there’s something wrong with your intentions, the audience will know there is something wrong, and you’ll lose responsiveness, or you won’t be able to gain it at all. Therefore your values are important. Your beliefs are important. Your character is important. Your beliefs about other people are especially important.
- If you try to use a ninja closing tactic on someone and you have no rapport with them, it will never work, ever.